News Archive

No.3 ‘Sir Haydn’ voted ‘Engine of the Year 2013’

Published and found at

Originally built in 1878 for the Corris Railway, No 3 came under the ownership the Great Western Railway between 1930 and 1948 following the GWR’s take-over of the Corris line.

It then passed to the nationalised railway in 1948 before being sold to the Talyllyn Railway in 1951.

No 3 is now on display in the Engine House at Highley on the Severn Valley Railway, where it will remain on show for several more months before returning to Tywyn for an overhaul and a return to active duties on the Talyllyn.

Read the full article