The Golden Valley Light Railway at the Midland Railway Centre (Ripley) is holding a narrow gauge weekend on Sat 17th & Sun 18th August 2002.The weekend will feature demonstration freight trains hauled by
- Battery Electric NG24 ex RAF Chilmark
- SMH 40SD 526 ex Severn Trent Water
- Ruston 222068 “Berry Hill” ex N.C.B.
- Lister/Blackstone 53726 ex Fisons Peat
- Deutz 10249 Motor Rail 8739 “Pioneer”
- Ruston & Hornsby 198297 O&K 5216
The GVLR will be open between 11:00 – 16:30 on both days, with passenger trains running at 12:00; 13:00; 14:00; 15:00 and 16:00 hours.