Photo 1 shows the passing loop on the Lee Moor Tramway, looking up the incline at Cann Wood. the track below the passing loop is interlaced. The hut was a shelter for the lookout man. The Cann Wood Incline was 1.25 miles long with a 1 in 11 gradient. It opened in about 1853 to carry china clay and other minerals from Lee Moor on the Sourh side of Dartmoor to the quays in Plymouth initially by horse, then by a mix of horse, gravity and steam power. The LMT system was 4' 6" gauge - known locally as 'Dartmoor Gauge'.